MOC Update: Franklin Brickheadz

Franklin is the next old design that I revisited! I didn't change too much this time, but I did however find a few things in need of improvement! It's hard to believe I built this guy in time for Turkey Day last year, and now Thanksgiving is almost here again! I hope you enjoy these new updates!

You can find free instructions for this MOC on Rebrickable here!

The MOC

Franklin Brickheadz (From Animal Crossing)


This MOC features a Brickheadz-style model inspired by the professional Turkey Day chef, Franklin from Animal Crossing! A stand is also included for easy display!

Specifications

  • 163 pieces
  • Dimensions: 3.3 x 1.9 x 4.4 in. (8.3 x 4.9 x 11.2 cm)
  • Weight: 3.385 oz. (96.0 g)

The Update

New design (top)


Old design (bottom)

The most noticeable change is definitely the color of his feathers. I decided to change the color from dark bluish gray to dark purple even though ideally, it should be a purplish gray. I still think dark purple looks more accurate and interesting though! I changed the color and style of the buttons on his shirt as well! I also smoothed out his tail design! Smaller changes include: shortening his hat, redesigning his neck, and fixing his head shape in the back a bit!

I hope you enjoy these updates as much as I do! And don't forget, brand new, free instructions for this MOC are available on Rebrickable here! :)

Keep building,

Carter

Comments