Brick Haul #1: Pick a Brick

Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season this year! It's been a while, but today, I have a very different type of post to share! I recently placed a Pick a Brick order, my first one in several years, and I thought it would be fun to share some of the interesting parts from the haul!

Pick a Brick is such an excellent service, and I love using it to order any special or rare parts that would otherwise be hard to get! I generally end up picking mostly minifigure parts, but I've also gotten some animals, accessories, replacement parts for some of my broken pieces, and perhaps most exciting of all, several new elements in Warm Tan!

Here's the whole pile with all the pieces together! It's quite overwhelming, so let's start sorting it out...

Since this was my first Pick a Brick orders in years, this was also my first time going through the new system with both best-seller and standard parts, so I thought it would be interesting to compare the two batches! The pile on the left contains all the standard pieces from my order, and the pile on the right is made up of all the best-seller parts.

Looking more closely at the pieces themselves, here's my batch of beautiful Warm Tan elements! Being a LEGO color fanatic, I'm so excited about getting these parts! So far, these are the only regular building elements available in this new color, and at the time of writing this, they only appear in one set! I always hoped that LEGO would expand on this color more as well as Medium Brown! I couldn't believe it when these popped up on Pick a Brick so I knew I had to stock up! I think it may be time to update my LEGO color palette...

Here is the small batch of accessories from the pile! The relatively new vine piece for Super Mario has so much potential, and surprisingly, I didn't have any dynamite elements yet, so I impulsively added these parts to the order. In the food category, we have the delicious baguettes, green tea, decadent ice pops, and what I like to call cheese cheese slopes!

Next we have the animal section with so many cuties! I normally don't love the "Friends-style" animals, but I just had to get the adorable new pug! I had no idea that the fish came in glow-in-the-dark, but apparently it was available in one set this year, so that was certainly a pleasant surprise!

The amount of hair that I ordered is actually concerning. This is only part of it. But there's finally so many unique styles available with multiple colors too! Minifigure hair has really come a long way!

Here's even more hair...I love all the different hair with hat combos releasing lately too!

The final section of minifigure hair is all the fun colors! I'm so pleased with how many colored hairstyles there are now!

I also ordered a few hats! The baseball caps work great for different vendors, so new colors are always welcome!

Just like hair, there are more unique head prints than ever these days! I especially love all the new heads with glasses! I also ordered some opalescent heads, because I thought they could make excellent magical lights or lanterns!

I definitely had to get some of the wonderful, new torso prints too! Let me know which one is your favorite torso in the comments! I love the new pineapple top!

I currently only have one pair of medium-size pants, the printed ones from the pug boy in Collectible Minifigures Series 21, so I got what could be called a "medium pants starter pack" plus some rare colors, prints, and even metallic pants!

Lastly for minifigures, I got a few rare accessories! I was particularly surprised to see the classic Friends hair bow release in a new color, and I believe the propeller in black could come in handy...

Finally, I ordered replacements for all of my parts that have broken over the years. All of the old, broken pieces are on the left, with the shiny, new elements on the right! Clearly something's up with those pesky Reddish Brown parts...

Bonus section! To my surprise, four parts arrived that I didn't even order! I double checked the order, and I didn't seem as if I accidentally added these to the cart, so I will just consider them free gifts from LEGO! Next up, here's some mini builds and minifigures!

I was so excited about the new Warm Tan parts, so I put together a little bedroom set to see how the color looks in a build! I love how it turned out!

I also felt inspired to put together some minifigures with all the new pieces! I think the minifigure on the right is particularly stylish!

Here's the other half of my minifigures! The pug looks like he wants a piece of that baguette...

I really hope you've enjoyed taking a look at my Pick a Brick haul with me! I definitely recommend Pick a Brick for getting all those special parts you want!

Keep building,

Carter

Comments