New MOC: Color Palette 2024

Happy International LEGO Day! What better way to celebrate than with my first MOC of the new year? Here's my brand new color palette for 2024! I felt that since Reddish Orange has been introduced, it was time for a much needed update to my 2022 color palette! I had so much fun arranging the colors by their hue and brightness for this one, so I hope you enjoy using this color palette just as much as I do!

You can find free instructions for this MOC on Rebrickable here!

The MOC

Color Palette 2024


This MOC features a color palette organized by both hue and brightness, and it contains all 44 solid LEGO colors that are available in plates as of 2024! Unlike my previous 2022 color palette, this palette is completely filled with no blank spaces! It should be noted, however, that this palette does not include the recent colors Medium Brown, Sienna Brown, and Umber Brown as these colors have only been used for minifigure and minidoll parts so far.

Specifications

  • 84 pieces
  • Dimensions: 3.1 x 7.6 x 0.5 in. (8.0 x 19.2 x 1.3 cm)
  • Weight: 3.243 oz. (91.3 g)

Comparison

Old 2022 design

New 2024 design

My first goal with this new color palette was to fit all the solid colors into one shape without any gaps, and my second goal was to find the perfect place for Reddish Orange! Lastly, I also decided not to leave any spaces for Medium Brown, Sienna Brown, or Umber Brown, because as much as I would love for these colors to available in building elements, for now they only seem to be used for minifigures and minidolls. Some other changes include a thinner frame, the addition of a fourth row on the brightness scale, and separating the browns into their own column on the end! Since LEGO colors can look a bit different in Studio, I decided to arrange the colors using real pieces first; the above picture shows how the palette looks in real life!

I hope you enjoy this MOC! And don't forget, instructions are available for free on Rebrickable here!

Keep building,

Carter

Comments