Brick Haul #2: Pick a Brick

Today, I have a very exciting, new Pick a Brick haul to share with you! This order looks a bit different than my last haul, because instead of primarily stocking up on minifigure parts like last time, I decided to focus on stockpiling new and rare colors!


Pick a Brick is one of the best ways to stock up on rare parts, so I went wild picking out pieces that were missing from my collection, especially elements in interesting colors!


Here's a look at the whole pile together, but I think the parts will be easier to enjoy once they're all sorted out!


Here's a glimpse at the difference between standard parts and best-seller parts too! My standard parts are on the left, and the best-seller parts are in the pile on the right.


Let's start with a look at some of the parts that I've been the most excited about, Reddish Orange pieces! I was so surprised when this color released earlier this year, and I absolutely love how it perfectly bridges the gap between Bright Red and Bright Orange! I had to get my hands on this gorgeous color, so I ordered a whole handful of any Reddish Orange parts that I thought could be useful for MOCs in the future!


Besides just new colors, I also ordered lots of parts in colors that are typically very rare! I was amazed to find such a variety of Nougat elements available on Pick a Brick, so I stocked up! This color is very versatile, and I think that it can elevate any build with its distinct hue!


Similarly, I also ordered tons of parts in Light Nougat, another relatively rare color! Light Nougat may actually be my most favorite LEGO color, because it works great as a delicate peach color or as a vintage pink! It also looks amazing with Vibrant Coral as seen in both 41729: Organic Grocery Store and 41748: Heartlake City Community Center! I'm so glad to see this color appearing in more sets lately!


Another rare color that I love is Spring Yellowish Green, so I impulsively added some of these parts to the order too!


I also grabbed a few more Warm Tan parts, because I don't feel like I ordered quite enough last time! Additionally, I got my first parts in the brand new Transparent Black color!


With colors out of the way, now we can take a look at some of the more random parts I ordered! Here's four gorgeous colors of what I like to call the brick brick! These elements are perfect for adding little bits of detail to any MOC!


I also ordered a whole rainbow of this wonderful small curved slope element! I love using these for anything from architectural details to furniture to animal ears! I specifically picked out a large amount of Nougat and Light Nougat, because I thought they could work perfectly for a nice tiled roof!


Here's a look at some of the exciting botanical pieces I ordered! I've been collecting flower elements lately, so I'm always excited to see them introduced in a new color! I definitely had to stock up on the new Earth Green and Dark Red flowers!


Here's some miscellaneous parts I picked up too! I loved the quarter domes in my 41757: Botanical Garden, so I ordered two more to have enough for a complete dome! I also stocked up on the extremely useful new SNOT bricks!


I also picked out some interesting 1x1 elements! It's always exciting to get basic parts like 1x1 plates in new colors, because it opens up so many new MOC possibilities!


Now here's a look at the fun animal and accessory pieces I ordered! As much as I tried to hold back, I just could not resist the adorable new turtles, and I love the new Bright Red fish too! I had a feeling that the small dish element could come in handy later, so I picked up a few along with the new delicious-looking hot chocolate!


Finally, let's take a look at the minifigure parts from this haul! This is certainly not as many as my previous order, but there were a few standout pieces that I simply had to get! I ordered a couple air tanks to go with the recent gift with purchase 40687: Alien Space Diner since the minifigures in that set didn't come with any. I also got parts in the two brand new skin colors, Umber Brown and Sienna Brown! Unfortunately, these colors are only available for minidolls so far, but hopefully more characters are available in these beautiful hues soon!


That brings us to the end of my Pick a Brick haul, but as a bonus, I put together all of the eight skin colors available to us this year! It's amazing to see how far LEGO has come since the days of having only two skin colors for minidolls back in 2012.


Since this was also my first time getting my hands on Transparent Black, I did a quick comparison to the currently phasing out Transparent Brown and of course, basic Transparent.


Lastly, continuing from my last brick haul, here are a few minifigures I created with my new parts!

I hope you enjoyed taking a look at another Pick a Brick haul with me!

Keep building,

Carter

Comments